Monday 9 November 2009

Everyone who's ever eaten my dad's cooking says its amazing. It is. We're Parsi's and our food is very important to us. PaPa doesn't just cook 'parsi bhonu' he can pretty much make anything he puts his mind to. It's years of eating, reading and experimenting, shouting in the kitchen and showing off to guests. My mum, MKB (mother knows best) doesn't really enjoy cooking but she makes the best dal, as all mum's do.

I've always hung around the kitchen, getting in the way, stealing scraps and checking for salt. I can make many meals I'm very happy to eat and serve, but they're mostly western and can be learned in any celebrity chef's book. I can only make a few of the dishes I've grown up on, loved the most and make me who I am. If I don't go home, pay attention and learn some dishes I'm going to get it.

So here it is: A way of me recording what I learn without loosing it and perhaps sharing some of the best Indian and parsi food in the world (as there are only 80,000 of us I think the odds on that statement being correct are quiet high)

No comments:

Post a Comment